This month’s prayer calendar has a special focus on thankfulness. Giving thanks is a very important part of prayer, so we are going to dedicate an entire month to thankfulness! This month you can help your child spend a little time each day thanking God for the blessings He has given. You will find 30 ideas in this calendar, but I’m sure you and your child can think of even more! Don’t let this prayer calendar limit your gratitude. Instead, use this calendar as a starting point to help you and your children express your thankfulness this month.
You might also be interested in the Thankfulness Bible Reading Plan. This is another great way to help your child develop a grateful heart.
And, while you’re at it, jump on over and pick up your copy of the 365 Days of Praying for Your Child prayer guide for November. This one is also focused on thankfulness!
Have a great November and Keep Praying!
PS. I know that some of you might find this time of the year rather difficult. Perhaps you are going through circumstances that make it extremely challenging to have a thankful heart. Life is tough, and sometimes, after dealing with the hurts and struggles of life, we feel like we have little, if any, energy left over for giving thanks. If this describes you, please, please, PLEASE read Giving Thanks: When It’s Really Hard to be Thankful. I wrote it for you.
Thank God for . . . .
1. . . . the home that you live in
2. . . . the friends He has given you. Spend time praying for them today!
3. . . . the family you have. Spend time praying for them today!
4. . . . your community. Pray for it!
5. Eat some candy corn today. For every piece of candy corn you eat, say one thing you are thankful for.
6. . . . His unfailing love!
7. . . . the freedom you have to worship Him. Pray for those who do not have that freedom.
8. . . . your country and your elected officials. (And take a moment today to pray for the election in the USA!)
9. . . . your teachers. Pray for them!
10. . . . His promises!
11. . . . those who have served or are serving in the armed forces. Pray for them!
12. Trace your hand and use it to draw a turkey. Write one thing you are thankful for on each finger!
13. . . . that He is always in control!
14. . . . that He can use the hard times to help us grow.
15. . . . your community helpers. Pray for them!
16. . . . missionaries! Pray for them!
17. . . . the fun times!
18. . . . variety! He could have made us all the same – but He didn’t!!!
19. . . . Make a thankfulness tree. Add leaves. Write one thing you are thankful for on each leaf!
20. . . . that He is merciful!
21. . . . how He provides for His people.
22. . . . the way He made you special!
23. . . . your church and church family.
24. . . . Just be thankful today!!!!!!!
25. . . . your material blessings.
26. Buy something for someone who doesn’t have much!!
27. . . . JESUS!!!!
28. . . . that He has a plan for your life!
29. . . . the gift of life. Pray for those who are working to defend life!
30. . . . the fact that He always provides a way out when you are tempted!
Give thanks in all circumstances . . .
1 Thessalonians 5:18