Here is April’s prayer calendar — 30 days to help focus your child in his prayer life.
If you haven’t picked up the free prayer journal pages yet, please do that! You can find them here . . . and they will help your kids personalize their prayer lives even more!
Also, don’t forget about the prayer calendar for parents . . . you can find April’s calendar here.
And now, here is April’s prayer calendar for kids. Have a great month!
April Prayer Calendar
1. Let’s start this month by thanking God for all the wonderful things He has created! Make a list of your favorite things that God has made. Then spend time thanking Him for each one.
Praying Around the World
2. Our first stop on our prayer tour of the world this month is the country of Costa Rica. Pray for the people there to love God and put Him first in everything they do!
3. Pray today for France! Pray for Christians to find ways to share the love of Jesus with their neighbors.
4. Pray today for Israel. Pray for unity among the believers there.
5. Pray today for Trinidad and Tobago. Pray for believers to reach out to others and share the love of Christ.
6. This month we will end our prayer tour of the world in Poland. Pray for the people there to see the truth of Christianity and to follow Jesus.
7. Spend today praising God for His work around the world. How have you seen Him work in different countries? How about in your own country? Have you heard any stories from missionaries about how God has been working? Read one of the stories found here and then praise God for His amazing work!
Praying for Your Country
8. Spend today praying for the leadership of your country. Pray that there will be unity among the leaders and that all will work together for the good of the country. Pray that your leaders will seek the will of God and make decisions that honor Him.
9. Pray today for the missionaries living in your country. Pray for all who serve in full time ministry. Pray for them to withstand the attacks against them and their families. Pray for them to speak the truth of God’s Word No. Matter. What.!!!
10. Pray today for the colleges and universities in your country. Pray for the professors to see the truth found in the Bible and to come to know Jesus. Pray for college students to take a stand for Christ. Pray for a large number of college students to become Christians!!! If you know a college student, pray for that student by name.
11. Pray today for the policemen in your country. Pray for their families. Pray for them to have God’s protection as they go about their jobs. Pray for them to be fair and just and to do their jobs the way God would want them to. If you know a police officer, pray for that officer by name.
12. Pray today for a strengthening of the marriages and families in your country. Pray for healing for broken relationships and for families that are struggling to survive. Pray for a family you know that is struggling.
13. Pray for any issues your country is facing right now. What is happening in the news? Spend time praying for the major news items in your country today. Use a newspaper to help you or find some ideas here.
14. Take a break today to think about the goodness of God. Praise Him that He is good and that He loves you! Think about all the ways He has shown His goodness to you this past month. Spend a moment singing a song to reflect on His goodness!
Praying for Your Community
15. Spend today praying for the churches in your community. Pray for each church by name. Pray for the leaders of each church. Pray that the churches will work together to spread the Gospel in your community.
16. Pray today for the local sports’ teams in your community. Pray for the little league kids and their coaches. Pray for Christian coaches who will have a positive impact on the lives of the kids on their teams.
17. Pray today for the schools in your community. Pray for the teachers to speak God’s Truth. Pray for all the students in the schools. Pray for bullying to stop and for God’s love to reach every student. Pray for those who are hurting to find meaning through Christ.
18. Pray for the families in your community who are homeschooling. Pray for patience for the teachers and for a desire to learn and great attitude for the students. Pray that these families will be able to enjoy their days and to keep Christ at the center of all they do.
19. Spend today praising God for the fact that He is Sovereign. No matter what is going on in the world around you, God is ultimately in control of all things!!!!
Praying for Big Issues
20. Pray today for those who are struggling with cancer. Pray for the scientists who are researching cancer to be able to find better treatments and even a cure! Pray for someone you know who is going through cancer right now. Pray for them to experience the peace and joy of Christ in the middle of their suffering!
21. Pray for the issue of marriage. Pray for a Biblical view of marriage to be accepted by the people in your country and in the world. Pray for strong marriages among Christians that are examples for the rest of the world.
22. Pray for countries that are in the middle of wars right now. Pray for peace to come to these countries! Pray for the Gospel message to spread – even in the hearts of those who are fighting against God!
Praying for Your Family
23. Pray for your mom and dad by name. Pray for your Grandma and Grandpa, aunts and uncles. Pray for any siblings you have. Pray for your cousins. Cover your entire family in prayer today!
24. Pray for God to help you be obedient and respectful to your parents. Pray for a close relationship with them.
25. Pray for your family’s influence in your community. Ask God to help your family be a light to those around you. Ask God to show your family ways that you can serve Him together.
26. Pray for any issue your family is facing right now.
Praying for Yourself
27. Pray for your relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray for a deepening of your faith and a boldness to share the Gospel with others. Ask God to give you an opportunity today to share His love with someone else.
28. Pray for your relationship with your friends. Pray for each of your friends by name. Ask God to help you be a good friend.
Praying the Fruit of the Spirit
29. Pray for self control. Ask God to help you to control yourself when you start to feel angry or when you want to do something that you know you shouldn’t. Ask God to take complete control of your life!
Special Service Day
30. End the month by doing a special service project! Walk around your neighborhood and pick up trash. Plant flowers! Make a batch of cookies for a family that could use some encouragement! Be creative and come up with your own service idea! Share the love of Jesus with someone else today!