It’s the last month of the year! End your year right by spending time in prayer each day! Use some of the suggestions in this prayer guide to help direct your prayers — and PRAY BIG!
Praying Around the World
- Aren’t you glad that God is bigger than anything that happens in this world? Spend time today thinking about how God has the whole world in His hands and praising Him! Sing along:
2. And now let’s take our prayer tour of the world! Pray today for Belgium.
3. Pray today for Comoros.
4. Pray today for Eritrea.
5. Pray today for Kyrgystan.
6. We want to make sure that people everywhere hear the good news about Jesus Christ! Spend time today praying for all nations to hear about Jesus! Is there anyone you can tell about Jesus? Pray for that person, too! Then sing along:
7. Spend today praising God for His work around the world. How have you seen Him work in different countries? How about in your own country? Have you heard any stories from missionaries about how God has been working? Read one of the stories found here and then praise God for His amazing work!
Praying for Your Country
8. Pray today for the leaders of your country. Pray for them to be honest and to be kind to one another. Pray that they will read their Bibles and make decisions that honor God.
9. Pray today for the people in your country to get along with one another. Ask God to help them to learn to love one another and to see each person as a special person created in the image of God.
10. Pray today for the people who are making the laws in your country. Pray that good laws will be made and obeyed.
11. Pray today for people in your country to hear about Jesus. Ask God to help many, many people decide to follow Jesus. Pray for someone you know who needs Jesus!
12. Pray for any issues your country is facing right now. What is happening in the news? Spend time praying for the major news items in your country today. Use a newspaper to help you or find some ideas here.
13. Spend time praising God today! Here’s a song to help you:
Praying for Your Community
14. Pray for the people in your community who are hurting this Christmas season. They may be sad because they have lost someone, they may be scared because of sickness, or they may be feeling like they are all alone. Ask God to help them experience His peace and joy this Christmas. Then look for ways to bring them joy!
15. Pray today for the people in your community who do not believe in Jesus. Ask God to give them open hearts and minds and to bring them to Him this Christmas!
16. Pray for the churches in your community to work together to spread the love of Jesus this Christmas season!
17. Pray for your own church, church leaders and their families!
18. SERVE in your community! Take Christmas cookies to your neighbors, shovel snow, go Christmas caroling in a nursing home . . . do something to spread the joy of Jesus today!
19. Christmas is almost here! Spend time today praising God for sending Jesus to us! Sing along:
Praying for Your Family
20. Pray today for each member of your family by name. Pray for your mom and dad, brothers and sisters. Ask God to help them grow closer to Him. Spend time thanking God for each one of them.
21. Pray today for the places where your family goes on a regular basis. Pray for the people who work at these places. Pray for the other people who go to these places. Pray that your family can shine God’s light to everyone they see!
22. Pray today for any problems your family is facing right now. Ask God to give your family His peace and to help you all as you deal with these issues.
23. Pray today for children around the world who do not have families. Ask God to help them experience His love and learn about Him. Ask God to give them families who will love them and teach them about Jesus!
24. It’s Christmas Eve! Spend time today thanking God for Jesus! Draw a picture of that first Christmas and then share the picture with someone else! Sing along:
25. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Thank you, God, for sending Jesus to be our Savior! God loved us so much that He sent Jesus, that anyone who believes in Him will not perish but will have eternal life!!! Sing along:
26. Merry day after Christmas! Spend time today going through some of your stuff and choosing items to GIVE AWAY!!! Take these items to a local charity. (Give good stuff away, not junk!!!) Pray for the people who will receive your gifts!
Praying the Fruit of the Spirit
27. Ask God to help you live out each fruit of the spirit in your life. Can you name them all? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control! Which ones do you need the most help with? Pray especially for those!
Praying for Big Issues
28. Pray today for people who keep looking at pictures in magazines or on the computer that they know they shouldn’t. Pray that they will be able to say “No!” and that they will instead think about and look at things that God wants them to see!
29. Pray today for people who are being forced to do things they do not want to do and that they know is wrong. Pray that they will be able to get away from their situations and that they will discover that Jesus loves them and has a better plan for their lives.
End of the Year Prayers
30. Think back over this past year. What prayers have you seen God answer? How have you grown as a Christian? Make a list or draw pictures to show how God has helped you and how you have grown this past year. Spend time thanking Him for helping you through the year!
31. Spend time today asking God to help you through next year! Ask Him to help you grow closer to Him. Write down some goals for your relationship with Jesus this next year. Is there someone you want to see become a Christian? Write that person’s name down and pray for him. Do you want to read the Bible more? Write down a goal and come up with a plan! Spend time praying for these goals.
I hope this past year has been a good one for you! I pray that you have grown closer to Jesus and that you can look back on this year knowing that you are growing more each day! If you didn’t have a good year, though, that’s okay. We all have difficult times sometimes. The great thing about the end of the year is that you can have a fresh start in the next year! Ask God now to help you grow in amazing ways in 2018!
And, if you’re looking for a devotional to help you grow closer to Jesus this next year, let me recommend the one below. I had a lot of fun writing it . . . and I hope you will have a lot of fun reading it — and, more importantly, that you will GROW closer to Jesus . . . and experience a life that DOESN’T STINK!