This month’s prayer calendar has a special focus on thankfulness. Giving thanks is a very important part of prayer, so we are going to dedicate an entire month to thankfulness! This month you can help your child spend a little time each day thanking God for the blessings He has given. You will find 30 ideas in this calendar, but I’m sure you and your child can think of even more! Don’t let this prayer calendar limit your gratitude. Instead, use this calendar as a starting point to help you and your children express your thankfulness this month.
You might also be interested in the Thankfulness Bible Reading Plan. This is another great way to help your child develop a grateful heart.
And, while you’re at it, jump on over and pick up your copy of the 365 Days of Praying for Your Child prayer guide for November. This one is also focused on thankfulness!
Looking ahead to next month — are you looking for a series to use with your kids for Christmas? Check out “Christmas Party: 4 Gospel-Centered Lessons for Kids”. I think you and your kids will like it 🙂
Have a great November and keep praying!
Thank God for . . .
1. The fact that He never changes! (Hebrews 13:8)
2. His unfailing love! (Psalm 136:1)
3. His power over the nations! (Psalm 22:28)
4. Eat some candy corn today. For every piece of candy corn you eat, say one thing for which you are thankful!
5. Jesus!! (John 3:16)
6. The family that He has given you! Why don’t you pray for each one of them while you’re at it?
7. The freedom we have to worship Him! Pray for those who do not have that freedom!
8. The advances that have been made in medicine! Pray for those who work in that field.
9. Your community. Spend time praying for it today!
10. Use newspapers and magazines to make a thankfulness collage. Cut out pictures of all the things you are thankful for and glue them together on a poster.
11. Those who have served or are serving in the armed forces. Spend time praying for them today!
12. Your church and church family! Pray for your church today – and all the churches around the world!
13. Teachers! Spend time praying for the ones you have or know!
14. Your home! Pray for those who do not have homes.
15. The opportunities we have to tell people about Jesus! Pray for an opportunity like that today!
16. Your friends! Pray for them today!
17. Your material blessings! Go through your things and find some stuff to give away and then donate that stuff to a local charity!
18. Trace your hand and make a turkey. Write one thing you are thankful for on each “finger” of the turkey.
19. Grace! Do you know what GRACE means? I like to think of it as God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense! Jesus took YOUR punishment on himself when He died on the cross – and because of His sacrifice, you can have eternal life! God gives us so much more than what we deserve – that is GRACE!
20. Life! Spend time today praying for those who are working to defend life, and praying that people would recognize that every life has value!
21. Missionaries! Do you know some missionaries? Pray for them by name!
22. Thank God for always providing a way out when I am tempted.
23. Forgiveness! Ask God to help you always be willing to forgive.
24. The Bible! Aren’t you thankful that God gave us His Truth in a book that we can all read whenever we want? Ask God to help you learn to LOVE His Words!
25. Humor! Aren’t you glad that God made things that are funny! I think He wants us to laugh! Spend time laughing today!
26. You! Spend time thanking God that He made you special and that He has a plan for your life!
27. Make a thankfulness tree! Write one thing you are thankful for on each leaf on the tree!
28. JUST BE THANKFUL TODAY!
29. Buy something today for someone who doesn’t have much. Wrap it up and give it to them – but don’t let them catch you! Keep it a secret!!!
30. Can you think of one thing you are thankful for that starts with every letter of the alphabet? Make a poster with all these things on it! Hang that poster in your room as a reminder to always be thankful!