Praying Around the World
- Let’s make our first stop on our prayer tour of the world the United States. Spend time today praying for all of the people in the US – but especially focus on Houston, Texas and the other areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Today, let’s pray for Kazakhstan.
- Today, let’s pray for Somalia.
- Today, let’s pray for Poland.
- Today, let’s pray for Benin.
- Let’s end our prayer tour of the world by praying for Cuba.
- Spend today praising God for His work around the world. How have you seen Him work in different countries? How about in your own country? Have you heard any stories from missionaries about how God has been working? Read one of the stories found here and then praise God for His amazing work!
Praying for Your Country
8. Pray today for the leaders of your country. Pray for them to have godly wisdom and a hunger for the Word of God and righteousness. Pray for God to guide every decision they make.
9. Pray today for the college and university students in your country. Pray that they will take a stand for what is right and that they will seek God above all else.
10. Pray today for your military. Pray for wisdom in all the decisions made concerning the military. Pray for their families and for strength when they are away from one another.
11. Pray for the churches in your country. Pray for unity among all the churches in sharing the gospel. Pray that all churches will work together to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the rest of your country.
12. Pray for any issues your country is facing right now. What is happening in the news? Spend time praying for the major news items in your country today. Use a newspaper to help you or find some ideas here.
13. Spend time today praising God! Read Psalm 150 and sing a song of praise! You might even want to make your own instrument and play it along with this song:
Praying for Your Community
14. Pray today for the leaders of your community. Pray for them to make good decisions.
15. Pray today for the moms and dads in your community who are having a really hard time getting along with one another. Pray for them to seek God in their relationship and to have His help with everything they do.
16. Pray today for the police officers in your community. Pray for them to be safe as they do their jobs and that they will seek justice for all people.
17. Pray today for the firefighters in your community. Pray for safety and quick responses when needed.
18. Pray today for those who write for your local newspaper or work on your local television station. Pray that they will report the news as it really is and that they will share the truth.
Praying for Big Issues
19. Pray for children who have been hurt by the adults in their lives. Pray that they will feel God’s love helping them make it through their situations.
20. Pray today for those who hate other people or groups of people. Pray that the love of Jesus Christ will transform their lives and change their hearts.
21. Spend today thanking God for the ways He has helped you in your life! Make a list of all the things you have to be thankful for . . . and then thank God for those things! Here’s another song to sing today!
Praying for Your Family
22. Pray today for your mom, dad, sisters and brothers. Pray that you will all get along with one another and that you will enjoy spending time together. Pray for strong relationships in your family and for great times together! Pray also for your family to follow Jesus together!
23. Pray today for your grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins! Pray especially for anyone that doesn’t know Jesus!
24. Pray today for the financial needs of your family. Thank God for how He has provided in the past and ask Him to continue to provide and to help your family be wise with your money.
25. Pray today for any need your family might be facing right now. Ask God to help you to trust Him to take care of you in every situation!
Praying for Yourself
26. Pray today for your relationship with Jesus. Pray for an understanding of how great His love for you is!
27. Pray today for your relationships with your friends. Ask God to give you strong friendships, and to give you the ability to be a leader among your friends. If you have any friends who do not know Jesus, pray for them today, too!
28. Pray for God to help you always do what is right! Ask Him to show you what is right and to give you the strength to stand up for it no matter what!
Praying the Fruit of the Spirit
29. Pray today for peace. Pray for you to be a peaceful person – to be able to remain calm when everything around you is going crazy! Spend time thanking God for the peace that passes all understanding!
Service Project Day
30. Take this last day of September to do a service project in your community. Pray for the people you are helping and keep praying for them throughout the month of October!
If you are using the monthly prayer calendars, you might also be interested in some of the Bible Curriculum I have written.