Wow, it’s August already! Here is this month’s prayer calendar. Don’t forget to pick up prayer journal pages, a prayer calendar for the new school year, and a prayer guide for you to pray for your kids this month!
Enjoy your month, and I’ll see you in September!
Praying Around the World
1. Let’s start our prayer tour of the world this month in the country of Albania.
2. Today, let’s pray for Cote d’Ivoire.
3. Today, let’s pray for Mauritius.
4. Spend today praying for Oman.
5. Let’s pray today for Singapore.
6. Let’s end our prayer tour of the world by praying for Vietnam.
7. Spend today praising God for His work around the world. How have you seen Him work in different countries? How about in your own country? Have you heard any stories from missionaries about how God has been working? Read one of the stories found here and then praise God for His amazing work!
Praying for Your Country
8. Pray today for those who are governing your country. Pray for your leaders to seek godly wisdom, to make decisions that glorify God, and to work together to do what needs to be done. Pray that Christian leaders will take a stand for what is right and that they will be witnesses to the rest of the country and the world.
9. Pray for the people in your country to get along well with one another. Pray for Christians to lead the way in showing how to be united and how to love one another.
10. Pray for the people in your country to recognize that there are things that are definitely wrong. Pray for them to realize that some things are sins, and to ask God to forgive them for their sins. Ask God to help the people in your country turn to God.
11. Pray for your country to have a positive impact on the rest of the world.
12. Pray for any issues your country is facing right now. What is happening in the news? Spend time praying for the major news items in your country today. Use a newspaper to help you or find some ideas here.
13. We serve an awesome God! Spend time today thinking about how awesome God is! Here’s a song that you can sing, too!
Praying for Your Community
14. Pray today for the homeless in your community. Pray that they will find hope in Jesus Christ and that He will meet their needs.
15. Pray for the teenagers and children in your community. Pray for their families to follow Jesus. Pray that they will make wise decisions and will recognize their need for God. Pray for teenagers or children that you know personally who could use extra prayer today.
16. Pray today for the people who work at your local bank(s). Pray that they will seek Jesus above all else.
17. Pray for your local school system. Pray for the administration, the teachers, the bus drivers, the cafeteria workers, the library workers, the coaches, and the students. Pray that God’s Truth will be proclaimed in your school system.
18. Pray today for your church and its impact in your community. Pray for your church staff and their families. Pray for the people who attend your church to reach out to their neighbors, co-workers, and friends with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Praying for Big Issues
19. Pray for people who have cancer. Pray for their families and friends. Pray for them to find strength and hope in Jesus.
20. Pray for the children who are in foster care. Pray for healing of relationships and for good families for these children. Pray that they will find love and healing through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
21. Spend today thinking about how great Jesus is. He died on the cross and rose from the dead so that you could have eternal life! The Bible says that God loved the world so much that He gave Jesus, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life! That’s something to praise about!!!
Praying for Your Family
22. Pray today for your mom and dad, sisters and brothers. Pray for each one by name. Pray for their relationship with each other, with you, and with God! Pray for any problems each one might be facing today.
23. Pray for your family’s impact in your neighborhood and community. Pray that you will be an example of a strong family that loves Jesus.
24. Ask God to help you to obey your parents even when you don’t feel like it!
Praying for Yourself
25. Pray for your future. Ask God to lead you exactly where He wants you to go. Ask God to help you do the job that He has for you!
26. Pray for your future husband or wife! Pray that God will help you to have a relationship that honors Him. Ask God to help your future husband or wife to love and serve God and to be able to stand up for what is right.
Praying for the Fruit of the Spirit
27. Pray today for joy! Ask God to help you understand what true joy is. Ask Him to help you to have a joyful heart that serves Him!
28. Which fruit of the spirit do you have the most difficult time with? Pray about it!
29. Praise the Lord for His unfailing love! He loves YOU and has a plan for your life! Spend time today thinking about that and praising God!
30. Many kids are going back to school this month. Do you know some kids who could use help with school supplies? Go shopping with your parents for school supplies – for someone else! Secretly drop these supplies off at that person’s house with a note saying that you are praying for him. Then do just that!
Extra Special Prayer Idea
31. On this last day of August, spend time praying through one of your family’s old photo albums, an old school yearbook, or an old church directory. Pray for each person you see in the pictures!