May Prayer Calendar
1. Let’s start this month reflecting back on this year so far. What are some of the highlights of your year? How has your faith grown? Have you had any tough times? How have you seen God answer your prayers? Spend time right now thanking Him for His faithfulness so far this year and asking Him to help you continue living your life for Him!
Praying Around the World
2. Write a poem about persecuted Christians today. Send it to a website or other publication . . . or share it in the raising godly kids facebook group!
3. Today, let’s pray for the Christians in Saudi Arabia.
4. Let’s pray today for the Christians in Egypt.
5. Today, let’s pray for the Christians in Uzbekistan.
6. Pray today for the Christians in Myanmar.
7. Pray today for the Christians in Laos.
8. Praise God today for His work around the world! Read a missionary story and celebrate how God has been working worldwide!
9. Design a bumper sticker to raise awareness for persecuted Christians.
10. Praise God today for your mom! Pray for her and her relationship with Jesus! Make her a card and let her know how much you love her!
Praying for your country
11. Pray for the celebrities in your country. Choose a few that are in the news often and pray for their lives. Pray that they will hear the gospel and decide to follow Jesus! Wouldn’t that be awesome!!!!
12. Pray today for those who hate your country. Pray that any attempt at hurting your country or its citizens will be stopped. Pray for them to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Praying for Your Community
13. Pray for your local church. Pray for your ministry staff and their families. Pray for your Sunday School teachers and church board members. Pray for them to always seek God in everything they do. Pray for your church to have an impact for Jesus in your community! Do you have a church directory? Get it out and pray for the families you see!
14. Pray for the people who work at the grocery store where your family shops!
15. Pray today for the firefighters in your community. Pray for safety as they respond to their calls. Pray for endurance and strength to face everything that comes their way. Pray also that they will experience the peace and love of Jesus on a daily basis.
16. Spend time today praying for all of your neighbors by name. If it’s a nice day, go outside and walk down your street, praying as you go! Pray for them to come to know Jesus in a real and personal way! Look for opportunities to share Jesus with them this week!
17. Praise God today for the way He takes care of you!
18. Pray for the homeless in your community. Pray for the organizations that help them. Ask God to show you ways that you can help as well.
Praying for Big Issues
19. Pray today for the issue of human trafficking. Pray for those who are caught up in this to be rescued and set free. Pray for them to experience the love of Jesus!
20. Pray today for those who are living in poverty worldwide. Pray for them to receive the food and other necessary items they need. Pray most of all for them to hear about Jesus! Pray for the organizations that help alleviate poverty worldwide.
Praying for Your Family
21. Pray today for each member of your family by name. Pray for the individual needs that each family member has. Pray for each family member to have a personal relationship with Jesus and to grow closer to Him every day.
22. Pray for your best friend and his/her family.
23. How can you share God’s justice and mercy in your community? How can you reach out to those who are hurting and share the love of Christ? Brainstorm ways that you can help meet some of the needs of those around you . . . choose your favorite idea and put it in action! Maybe you want to have a food drive for your local homeless shelter or a diaper drive for your pregnancy resource center! Plan BIG and then watch God help you make a difference in your community!
Praying for Community Workers
24. Pray today for the people who work on repairing the streets in your community.
25. Pray for those who serve (and have served) in your nation’s military (and their families).
26. Pray for your mailman today!
27. Pray for an opportunity to share the Gospel with someone today!
Praying the Fruit of the Spirit
28. Pray for gentleness! Ask God to help you respond to others with gentle words and a gentle attitude.
29. Ask God to help you have self control in every area of your life!
30. Plant some flowers today in the name of Jesus!
31. Spend time today praising God that He is just – yet merciful! Thank Him for His mercy towards you and all who follow Him. And thank Him that He is just and some day His justice will be seen by all. Finally, ask God to help you share Him with the world . . .