May Prayer Calendar
1. Let’s start this month reflecting back on this year so far. What are some of the highlights of your year? How has your faith grown? Have you had any tough times? How have you seen God answer your prayers? Spend time right now thanking Him for His faithfulness so far this year and asking Him to help you continue living your life for Him!
Praying Around the World
2. Let’s start our prayer tour of the world in Mexico.
3. Today, let’s pray for Japan.
4. Let’s pray today for North Korea.
5. Today, let’s pray for the Philippines.
6. We will end our prayer tour of the world this month in the United Arab Emirates.
7. Spend today praising God for His work around the world. How have you seen Him work in different countries? How about in your own country? Have you heard any stories from missionaries about how God has been working? Read one of the stories found here and then praise God for His amazing work!
Praying for your country
8. Spend time today praying for the leaders of your country. Pray for all who hold a public office. Pray for your leaders to seek God’s wisdom in every situation. Pray for your leaders to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
9. Pray today for the families of your leaders. Pray for their relationships with one another and for God to strengthen them. Pray that they will feel God’s peace – even when it seems like the world is against them. Pray for them to put God first in all they do.
10. Pray today for those who hate your country. Pray that any attempt at hurting your country or its citizens will be stopped. Pray for them to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
11. Pray for the celebrities in your country. Choose a few that are in the news often and pray for their lives. Pray that they will hear the gospel and decide to follow Jesus! Wouldn’t that be awesome!!!!
12. Pray for any issues your country is facing right now. What is happening in the news? Spend time praying for the major news items in your country today. Use a newspaper to help you or find some ideas here.
13. Spend today praising God for who He is to you! Think about the day that you became a Christian. Thank Him for drawing you to Him! Thank Him that He is still working on you! Here’s an old, but fun, song to remind you of that! Try singing along!
Praying for Your Community
14. Spend time today praying for all of your neighbors by name. If it’s a nice day, go outside and walk down your street, praying as you go! Pray for them to come to know Jesus in a real and personal way! Look for opportunities to share Jesus with them this week!
15. Pray for your local church. Pray for your ministry staff and their families. Pray for your Sunday School teachers and church board members. Pray for them to always seek God in everything they do. Pray for your church to have an impact for Jesus in your community!
16. Pray for the people who work at the grocery store where your family shops!
17. Pray today for the firefighters in your community. Pray for safety as they respond to their calls. Pray for endurance and strength to face everything that comes their way. Pray also that they will experience the peace and love of Jesus on a daily basis.
18. Pray for the homeless in your community. Pray for the organizations that help them. Ask God to show you ways that you can help as well.
19. Pray for those in your community who have just discovered they have cancer. Pray for them to have God’s strength and to seek Him daily. Pray for peace and a joy that only God can give.
20. Pray for any issue that is facing your community right now! Pray for the members of your community to come together and do what is right. Pray for them to seek God’s will in every situation and for God to be praised and glorified in your community!
Praying for Big Issues
21. Pray today for the issue of human trafficking. Pray for those who are caught up in this to be rescued and set free. Pray for them to experience the love of Jesus!
22. Pray today for those who are living in poverty worldwide. Pray for them to receive the food and other necessary items they need. Pray most of all for them to hear about Jesus!
23. Spend time today praising God that He is just – yet merciful! Thank Him for His mercy towards you and all who follow Him. And thank Him that He is just and some day His justice will be seen by all. Finally, ask God to help you share Him with the world . . .
Praying for Your Family
24. Pray today for each member of your family by name. Pray for the individual needs that each family member has. Pray for each family member to have a personal relationship with Jesus and to grow closer to Him every day.
25. Pray for your extended family today. Pray for Grandmas and Grandpas, aunts and uncles and cousins. Pray for the people in your family who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus. Ask God to give you opportunities to share His love with them.
Praying for Yourself
26. Pray for your relationship with Jesus. Confess any areas in your life where you have not been following Him 100%. Ask God to help you fall in love with Jesus more and more each day!
27. Pray for those areas of greatest temptation in your life. Ask God to help you put plans into place that will keep you from giving in to these temptations.
28. Pray for your relationship with your parents. Ask God to help you to honor them and respect them. Ask Him to help you have a good attitude towards them and to be obedient. If your parents do not know Jesus, pray for them to decide to follow Him!
29. Pray for your friends by name. Pray for their families and the issues they may be struggling with. Ask God to help your friends to grow in their faith, and, if you have friends who are not Christians, ask God to help you be a light to them! Pray that they will become Christians!
Praying the Fruit of the Spirit
30. Pray for faithfulness! Ask God to help you to be faithful and to do what you say you will do and finish each task He has given you! Ask Him to help you to be faithful to Him always!
Special Service Day
31. How can you share God’s justice and mercy in your community? How can you reach out to those who are hurting and share the love of Christ? Brainstorm ways that you can help meet some of the needs of those around you . . . choose your favorite idea and put it in action! Maybe you want to have a food drive for your local homeless shelter or a diaper drive for your pregnancy resource center! Plan BIG and then watch God help you make a difference in your community!